Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Much Needed Sprucing

The wall behind our TV has been blank for too long. We have things on most every other wall of the house. So, I've been acquiring pieces to make a little feature wall for a little while and I finally got the shelves to put them on.

I decided I could wait no longer so I put it together tonight. Here is the result.
I'm very particular with hanging things. This took me about 1 hour and a half with a pencil, a level, a long ruler, a tape measure, a drill, some anchors and some screws. Who knew it would be such an event.
Just a few of our favorite pictures in the middle.
This was the cake topper from our wedding and I've always wanted to put it on display.
And this hour glass matched the curtains perfectly... plus hour glasses are cool :)

The pictures off to the sides are both of lines of trees in fog. Also, there is a neat little tree frame with hanging picture frames. I will put a picture of it up here when I get all the little pictures in it. For now, we just pretend the people who came with the frame are related to us.

It took some time and devotion, but I'm really glad I did this. It really makes the room feel more homey :)

2 comments:

  1. It looks good! I am totally in the mood to redo our apartment. The only problem is...I don't know if we are moving in a few months and I can't get myself exciting to hang things and buy new stuff if I have to move it all later. I am working on making my own collage picture frame to put some of your maternity shots and Morgan's newborn pics. That should be fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look great! And I know b/c I saw it in person. Sooo hi Megan! I'm finally adding blogs onto my blog list so I can stalk you online now :) I hope you are having a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete