Thursday, July 22, 2010

One Quarter Down

Well, I am officially a quarter of a century old. We had a fun weekend in spite of other unfortunate events. Justin's grandpa Charlie passed away early in the morning of June 18th, the Friday before my birthday. It was a sad affair, but at the same time, he was miserable for the last several years of his life with pain and frustration from strokes, so we know he is much happier where he is.

So, in an effort to still help me have a fun birthday, we called up some friends and went to the Hard Rock Café for dinner on Saturday night.





They made me stand up in the middle of the Restaurant and everything. It was a lot of fun.
And since we could't just end the night there (I mean we had driven all the way to City Walk), we topped it all off with a night of karaoke at Rising Star, a karaoke club with a full band and back-up singers. You stand on the stage with lights and everything. Most of us submitted our names with random songs. I have to say I was a little disappointed that they didn't call Justin and Shannon's boyfriend Michael up to sing "Hot in Here" like they had requested, but luckily Shannon and I graced our audience with "Wanna Be" by the Spice Girls.

Also, Aimee sang "Hard to Handle" by the Black Crows, which she did very well and very reluctantly I might add :)



We had a blast watching the other patrons sing as well. Our show included a very drunk bachelorette party, a very effeminate male Lady Gaga impersonator, and two female Columbian tourists who spoke almost no English. We will definitely go again, and maybe next time they will let Justin sing his song :)

On Monday, June 21st (my actual birthday), Justin and I had a low key day around town - we couldn't go very far because his grandpa's viewing was that night. So, I requested a photo shoot. We haven't had the chance to go out to a neat place and just shoot off film with our weird cameras in a long time, so I suggested a nearby abandoned sunflower field.




Monday night, after the viewing, Justin took me out to P.F.Changs for a b-day dinner, which was scrumptious.

Also, Justin was very thoughtful and got me a few of the random things I Have been wanting: The Sims 3 Ambitions (I love it, it's my thing, let it go), Orange Blossom Water and Rose Water (to make Moroccan food with), and the Hungry Girl 1=2=3 cookbook :)

So, even though the weekend had a much more important thing to take care of, I still had a great birthday. Here's to the next 25!

No comments:

Post a Comment