Friday, September 10, 2010

Revolutionary Products - The Quest To Cover Up

I would have never guessed how many people read/enjoyed my vacuum reviews. Friends come up to me at random events and send me messages saying how they are so glad I posted my opinion of the Shark Navigator. So, I have decided to run with this success. I've been compiling a small list of products that have recently changed my life and I would love to let everyone know why :)

To get things rolling properly, I will begin with what is literally my favorite product of the week: Curvana

For almost 2 years now, I have experienced frustration, as many twenty-something LDS women do, with finding appropriately cut clothes. Before I got married, I was a big fan of deep v-neck tops. Once I got married in the temple, I no longer want to wear clothes that are so revealing, and I made a large effort to pass most of my clothing I could/would no longer wear to various charitable institutions. Just because I can't enjoy them does not mean that no one else should. Even with my new found modest zeal, I just couldn't bring myself to get rid of my favorite shirts of days gone by.

I have seen advertisements for various products to solve this problem i.e. Cami Secret. I almost broke down and purchased it, but when I went online there were several websites for the same product that all looked different - can you say scam? At that point I decided to make one myself. It can't be that hard - it's just a napkin that clips to your bra. On Labor Day, I drug Justin to Joann fabric to purchase the fabric. I found the stretch knits and even had my choices in my cart when I turned around and hit the jack pot.

Joann has a section amongst the sewing supplies devoted to things like shoulder pads and foam rubber breast inserts. Mixed in with them is a line of products by Curvana.
Curvana makes such products as bra straps, gel breast inserts, pasties, etc; but the cream of the crop as far as I was concerned was the Reversible Mini Cami.

This product is basically a tube top designed to just cover your chest. It has lace on one side and just a hemmed edge on the other. They had three colors: Black, White, and Natural.
Another cool feature is that it can be worn with straps, and there are tabs for the hooks on both sides, so you don't have to worry about it sliding down at awkward moments.
One side note I have to say is, though I don't exactly have gigantic boobs (not even close really), I took the cami out of the box and held it up for a size comparison. I'm glad I did because I doubt the medium would have been very comfy. I purchased the large, and it has worked out great. So, if you wear larger than a 36B I suggest you get at least a Large or Extra Large.

So, I have to show you the results :)
I have to confess, I only bought this blue shirt a week ago, but it was on sale and I like it :)
I had to try it with this shirt because it has the deepest V of them all. I never wore this without a tank top underneath (sheesh, I'm not that much of a hussy), but it gets very uncomfortable to wear multiple layers in Florida. I'm warm natured as it is without piling on more insulation, so I was so glad that this cami worked with it.
This last shirt was given to me by my mother in law because she didn't like how the wrap part would occasionally cause over exposure. I had the same problem the first few times I wore it and I was pinning it together with a safety pin after that. I like the lace detail for some of my more work appropriate shirts.

This product changed my life because:
It's comfortable and lightweight. It's stretchy so it moves well, and you can pull it up or down to adjust the height. Also, because it's a tube top, it will never pop out of the neckline of your shirt because it's too low cut, unlike some of the reviews I've read about the Cami Secret. And now I can wear all of my old low cut favorite shirts!

So anyway, if your boobs are hanging out and you want a way to cover them up, this is a fantastic option.

***Also, wait for their next big sale to buy this at Joann. Normal price was $16.99, but they were half-off on Labor Day.

1 comment:

  1. Totally digging the Curvana!!! Im gonna have to get me a few of those for sure!! Great review :) Also I am loving your bedroom decor!! Miss you! We need to get together as always :)

    ReplyDelete