Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Grand Tour

Well, we have lived in our current place for some months and have had much more freedom with our new landlord, a.k.a my mother in law, so we have been able to paint and customize our space to feel more homey :)

We finally have most everything away to where we are proud to show it off (you can't rush these things). So, for all of our friends who don't live around here, you can see how/where we live :)

Without further ado, the Hallway:
I had to show the fact that we have photos in our frames. The sat empty for a really long time.
Gotta hang the keys somewhere.
My cute Bistro sign no one ever sees because our hall is so narrow. I wanted to give it its moment to shine.
The Kitchen:
We love the purple walls. The table is also super cool because it is just a square that has two built in leaves that level themselves when you want to make the table bigger. Thank you Ikea.
Our glass top stove never looks this clean, so I had to strike while the iron was hot for this photo.
The Front Bathroom:
You can't really see it, but the shower curtain is doubled up. The brown tree one is behind a clear one with a green leaf pattern all over it. I love both curtains but the other shower has sliding glass doors on it.
The dog in the mirror is also a permanent feature in any room, because he will follow you everywhere... even into the bathroom.
The Office:
We love Ikea, if you can't tell.
The records and (dun dun na na!) Justin's diploma :)
The record player, which ironically sat in this exact place for several decades before we lived here. But hey, it still works and I can say I have a hi fi :) And yes, that is an 8 track player on top of it.
The Living Room:
Yes, the carpet matches the door mat. Thank you Angela :)
The back view of the office, complete with our fish. And yes, those are wedding pictures.
The super comfy couches.
The freshly completed wall feature. I added the bottom shelf recently.
I needed a space for our all time favorite picture with is also our all time favorite souvenir from a trip.
Our Bathroom:It is purple and green. If you haven't noticed the overall purple and green theme yet, perhaps you will now.
And last but not least, Our Room (my favorite room):
Your eyes are not deceiving you, it really is that green. The color is called "leprechaun."
I had to show this because I'm proud to finally have something in my frames. It took over a year, but finally we have visual proof we got married.
The tree above our bed is our second favorite souvenir. We got it in New York outside the Met. It is actually a paper cutting. It was done kind of like a snow flake but incredibly more complicated. Also, if you have seen our business website, this is the tree the whole site has on it.
I'm proud of this curtain too because I've had the curtain rod up since we moved in, but had nothing hanging on it until maybe a month ago. What makes it even better is that the panels cost me $3 each.
The cleanest our dresser has looked in a long time :)
Overall, I love the look of our bedroom and how it has turned out. I feel so adult and put together when I look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment