Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Gordo

So, I noticed a trend with most of my friends a few months back... they were all having babies; and being that we are married now, that is most certainly the number one question we get asked. "Are you pregnant yet?" I'm sure all married couples can think back to the time when they were asked that non stop and sympathize. Also, Justin and I have very different schedules, and I needed something cuddly to fill in my spare time :)

Thus, we got Gordo.

Gordo is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi, and most definitely the awesomest pooch around. Corgis are the 11th smartest dog breed, they are great with people and kids - they even like to keep your kids in line by herding them :) - but they are also very loyal and loving, as Gordo is proof of.

Gordo has been so much fun! We have trained him to ring a bell when he needs to go outside (yes, that is completely true, I'm not making it up). We got him on July 26th. He is now 4 1/2 months old and he has his own little repertoire of tricks: sit, speak, shake, roll over, and high five. Recently he has decided he is a ferocious guard dog and barks even when someone rings a doorbell on tv.


So, now that we have a dog and not a baby, I'm sure many of our blog entries will be about him. So please bear with me :) He's just so darn cute!

1 comment:

  1. AWww he is so cute! I want a puppy, but I think in a couple of months I will have my hands full :)

    ReplyDelete