Friday, October 22, 2010

Hooray For Handouts!

I'm not really sure why, but I've been very into making handouts for church related things lately.
For months I've been accumulating all kinds of digital scrap booking supplies (which I never knew existed until probably this past June) and there is one particular site, Steadfast and Immovable, that specializes in Young Women Organization related items, and I knew my mom (as the new Young Women's President in our ward) would be all over it. Erika, who runs Steadfast and Immovable, designs really cute handouts for each week to go with the Young Women's lesson for that Sunday and you can download them for free! She also made a few for Relief Society, but stopped after the two. With her work as an inspiration, I decided to make my own.

I began with the September Visiting Teaching message:
Then I had to keep going with October's Visiting Teaching message:
Also, I'm the 4th Sunday teacher and they assign me conference talks to teach on, and this week will be "You Are My Hands" by Dieter F. Uchtdorf from April 2010 General Conference. Here is the full talk: LDS.org - Ensign Article - “You Are My Hands”. I was happy about this assignment because I really liked this talk when I heard it the first time. It begins with an object lesson of sorts that explains the title, so I decided to make a handout and a sign with just the main title to be a reminder:
Now, this may be arrogant of me, but all these other women do it! Since I've made a few handouts, I figured others might like to use what I have already created so they can have good messages and handouts. And what do you know, I already have a website! So, I put up the full sized images of each one of these so you can just right click them and save the image to your computer or copy it. So, check out: my downloads and you can follow the links depending on which one you want. They are already sized for my own purposes, but you can resize them to fit on the page however you want. I don't mind :)

For direct links:
September Visiting Teaching Message: click here
October Visiting Teaching Message:click here
You Are My Hands Lesson Poster:click here
You Are My Hands Single Handout:click here
You Are My Hands Page of Handouts:click here

I fully plan on keeping this up the Visiting Teaching Messages each month, so check back to get yours. Wouldn't you rather receive something like this than a xeroxed piece of paper? I thought so :)

Thank you to all those ladies whose scrap booking pieces were used to create these. Unfortunately, I do not have the info on each artist for these, but I will be sure to save that info and post credit on future designs.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I wish I had a calling in Relief society to use the lesson ones! I'll be using the visiting teching ones for sure though!

    ReplyDelete